One of my goals for being a stay at home mom was to cook more. I’d really gotten lazy about it when I was pregnant and lacking in energy, but now that I’m home all day it feels like more of a pleasure than a chore. This chicken and pasta was so quick and easy, and I was really surprised how delicious it was. No pictures as I didn’t actually think it would be so good. I’ve bought jarred vodka cream sauce and never been terribly impressed. Silly me for not realizing that making it myself would be so much better. I’ll never buy the jar stuff again.
Grilled chicken and pasta with vodka sauce
Adapted from Cooking Light
- 4 servings whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/3 c vodka
- 1 jar marinara sauce (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 pint of heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook in hot oil
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until softened. Add vodka and cook for 1 minute.
- Add marinara, cream, and spices to vodka mixture. Simmer gently.
- When chicken is cooked, cut into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken and cooked pasta to sauce and mix well to combine. Serve topped with a sprinkle of parmesan.
This was also very good leftover and makes a great lunch the next day! It was so quick and easy too.