That’s right, 27 weeks. Here we are:
Please ignore the toothpaste on the mirror. Yuck.
In other news, I’ve found a special treat that gives me lots more energy to get through the day. I was totally skeptical, but once I started making All-day energy smoothies (recipe courtesy of our trainer) I really felt a difference. Here’s the recipe. The amounts are approximate; you really can’t mess this up.
- 1/2 mango, chopped (I use frozen that’s already cut up)
- a few handfuls of fresh blueberries
- 1 banana
- small handful of museli (I use one from TJ’s with dried blueberries in it)
- generous spoonful of unflavored Greek yogurt
- about 8 oz apple juice (I use a pure, unfiltered apple juice–also from TJ’s–with no sugar added)
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Crush ice in your blender. It doesn’t need to be completely pulverized, but it helps to get it started.
- Add everything else and blend until smooth.
This makes enough for two smoothies. I drink half of it in the morning and stick the blender pitcher in the freezer for the next day. If you are freezing leftovers, give it at least an hour to thaw before trying to blend again. Sometimes adding a little extra apple juice helps soften it up the next day. I take this to work and drink it instead of coffee. Yum!