I’m all about my lists, which I’m sure comes as no surprise after the type-A display of my recent post about my new planner. For those of you who are wondering, I still love it. Anyway, my list love led me to the idea of posting a top-five list on Fridays. I think the topics will differ from week to week, and these aren’t intended to go in a specific order (oh how rankings cause me anxiety–it’s like trying to choose a favorite song or color or something. How can you pick just one?!). They’re just a fun way to wrap up the week and encourage me to blog a little more often. Here goes week one…
Five things that have rocked my world this week
- Andy got a job! Moving down here was a big risk for us in a lot of obvious ways, including going to a one-paycheck household for a little while. Thankfully Andy received–and accepted–an offer this week, and he is very excited to get started with his new team.
- Cardigans with buttons on the cuffs. I already have an intense love affair with cardigans, and little details like buttons on the cuffs are just icing on the cake.
- Buffalo chicken nachos. I’ve eaten them not once, not twice, but thrice this week. And now I must invest in some type of supplemental nutrition.
- Family. I think our Christmas-time scare has made all of us closer in a lot of ways. Not that we weren’t close before, but the near-loss of a loved one has a special way of intensifying your relationships. We’ve particularly come through for each other this week (this space intentionally left vague). I think being able to help each other out gives me that good old-fashioned ‘you are not alone in this world’ feeling.
- Sunshine. This has been the least blah February I can remember, and I attribute it to the balmy winter temps and abundant sunshine here in Durham. Keep it up NC!
Happy Friday to all of you! I’m off to Ohio this weekend for a good friend’s bachelorette festivities. Hope you enjoy the weekend!