Since we’re moving to North Carolina next week, I have been doing little around here other than packing, saying goodbye, and preparing for the move. Since not much cooking has been happening (unless you count reheating all the stuff in the freezer in attempt to use up as much as possible before we go), I bring you my random thoughts for the day.
- Why do internet companies tell you the speed of their service in numbers? While that may mean a lot to some people (including my husband, thank goodness), it means absolutely nothing to me. I suggest packages based on lifestyle: this price for the people who use the internet to check email and surf a little. This price for people who like to watch Hulu on occasion. This price for the mega-gamers who need the absolute best epic internet ever. That would make so much more sense.
- To-do lists really, really do it for me. I’m not sure why, but if I can write it all down and start checking things off, my feeling of being completely overwhelmed dissipates quickly.
- Did you know people still buy used CDs on ebay? I’ve sold 3 collections of CDs this week and have more listed. Wow. Who knew?
- One of our fish isn’t looking so good. But really, he hasn’t looked good in months. I have a terrible feeling that the move is going to be extra rough on him. But what can you do?
- I can’t wait to get to our new house and put up a Christmas tree. So far I haven’t gotten into the holiday spirit at ALL this year. Getting a tree is, like, second on my list. Right after getting the beds out of the moving truck and putting sheets on them.
- We are about to buy our first car as a married couple. Isn’t that funny? I haven’t owned a car in the last 4 years, and it’s been more than twice that for Andy. Right now we’re city people so we really haven’t needed one, but all of that is about to change when we land in Durham. eek, car ownership. It terrifies me a little.
- Once my kitchen is unpacked and a car is in our driveway, I so need to make these. Just the pictures make me drool.
- At this time of year, I’m usually working on baking a massive pile of Christmas cookies. Not sure if that will happen this year, and that makes me a little sad. Anybody up for new year’s cookies?
And that’s all the news that’s fit to print around here. I probably won’t post again until after we’ve gotten settled, gotten internet hooked up, gotten a Christmas tree, etc. Talk to you soon!